Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Last day of Mother's Day Out

This school year has flown by way too fast! Today was Rett's last day of school. He went one day a week from 9:00-2:30pm and loved every minute of it. He only missed one day of school (when he had a stomach bug). He has come along way this year. The first two times I dropped him off he cried....then he moved to apprehension...then to marching himself into the classroom and hardly giving me a glance goodbye. Each day when I would pick him up he would have a different story to tell me. For example today he kept saying: "Jonah has a big jet. It's really cool!". At the begining of the year it felt so strange and foreign to me that he would have experiences without me being there with him. Now I love it and can't wait to hear what he's gonna tell me and I know MDO is helping shape him into a more independent kid.
Today we said goodbye to his teachers and brought them a little treat to say thanks for a great year. His wonderful teachers sent every kid home with their own personalized yearbook full of pictures of the fun times they had in class this year (I guess that's why we had to bring the two dispoasble cameras on the first day of school?). I will save it forever.

I purposefully dressed Rett in the same outfit for the first day of school and the last day of school. I wanted to see how much he had grown over the year....luckily the shorts still fit. Here are the results:

First Day of School: September 9,2009


Last Day of School: May 19,2010


The teachers "treats":

2 comments:

  1. I copied you and made Will wear the same thing he wore the first day. Funny the clothes still fit but they look so much older! And now I want a bundt cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that idea of wearing the same thing---he has changed so much! What a cutie:)

    ReplyDelete