Sunday, June 27, 2010

Slip 'n Slide and SHREK!

Yesterday we celebrated Elia's first birthday with Joe and Melissa and many other friends. Melissa very wisely decided to rent a giant blow up slip n slide for the "big" kids to play on. It was a blast. I couldn't get Rett off it even when I tempted him with pizza. He did give in when it was time to sing happy birthday and eat cake (afterwards he said, "okay, now it's time to sing happy birthday to me."!

Rett, Kate and Hudson:

Trying to jump...but it was really slippery!


Ellie was content staying dry and playing in Kate and Elia's playroom:



Later we met up with our cousins to watch SHREK in the movie theatre. This was Rett's first trip to the movies. To make sure we were fully prepared we stopped by Walgreens to grab a snack (raisinettes) and bought popcorn from the concession stand to share. Once inside we found our seats and sat down (the theatre even had a special booster chair for little ones that prop them up so they can see better). Before Shrek actually started Rett kept saying: "Wow!, that's a big TV". Once the lights dimmed and the movie started he watched 90% of the movie. We took a quick potty break about 45mins in and the last 15 mins of the movie he stood up and leaned on the chair in front of him and watched the ending. I am so impressed that I think we will go see Toy Story 3 this summer too! I didn't take my camera in...so the pictures are with my phone...but you get the idea of how awe-struck he was.



Hangin' out after the movie:

1 comment: