Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Rett's 1/2 birthday

January 20th is Rett's half birthday. At his preschool (as you can imagine) birthdays are a BIG deal. I just couldn't bear the thought of Rett missing out on all the special attention one gets on their birthday just because he has a summer birthday and school is not in session. So, I asked his teachers if we could celebrate his 1/2 birthday today and they thought it was a great idea! So, in typical preschool-mom fasion I signed up to being a special birthday snack for all of the kids. We went early this morning and picked up Krispy Kreme mini-donuts and hats for all the classmates to wear. I paired that with green grapes and Rett was a happy, happy boy when we went to school today. He was so proud to take his snack into his classroom he insisted on carrying the big box of donuts himself.
So proud of my 3 (and a half) year old!



2 comments:

  1. Awwww, that's a Great idea! I have a Summer (July 14th) Birthday too, & I always thought It wasn't Fair that I Never got to celebrate with my school friends! Happy 3 1/2 Rett! (or as Collin says: Rett Mader!!!), his bestest friend! Love, Gay-Gay Mary R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool mom! I think I need a donut now...

    ReplyDelete