Friday, April 9, 2010

Overloaded

Noticed I haven't blogged lately? I haven't forgotten to blog....I have been too busy to even set aside 20 mins in my day to log what we've been doing into cyberspace. ALL of my time has been spent on preparing our new house for us to move in.

Here's a short summary of what you've missed since I last blogged. Sorry there are no pictures....the only reason I am even getting this entry done is because I am substitute teaching today and have a few moments to myself.

Ellie started CRAWLING!! On April 4th (she was 8 mo and 3 weeks old). It's gonna be an easy date to remember because it was Easter AND my brother's birthday. She can get around really fast now. If I put her down in her room, she has crawled out of it within a few moments. **I really need to put up my baby gates again**. She puts EVERYTHING in her mouth and mobility only increases her chances of getting her hands on something she could choke on.

Troy and I are set to close on our new house on Tuesday, April 13th. We have landscapers, arborists, interior painters, and carpet installation set up to start on Wednesday, April 14th. In addition we also have to tear out an entire shower and re-build it before we move in. Luckily, my dad and a friend are going to complete that work for us. Troy might help in some of the tear-out(that is the fun part). We will have new stainless appliances delivered and are planning on installing some new windows and a new 9 ft. sliding glass door. I have been calling, meeting, negotiating contracts with all of these companies and more to find the best value. Much of this happens once the kids are in bed or taking a nap(when I would usually blog). Understand why I haven't blogged now? By the time I am done researching, emailing and discussing plans with Troy I am too whipped to even watch TV. I haven't watched a single tv show in over a week!!!

I have also been going to Jazzercise every morning at 8:15. Sounds easy enough but getting two kids up, dressed, fed, packed and transported before 8:15am is a workout in itself.

Now that we have most of the decisions made I should have a bit more time to document what we're doing. My next big undertaking is to move all of our utilities, services, and correspondence to our new address.

3 comments:

  1. OMG I am sooo friggin excited for you! The new house is gonna be so awesome and so cool that you get to handpick everything you want!! I am jealous!!! Happy to read this blog my friend. Congrats on Ellie too- that is so exciting!! Can't wait to see you again soon-- I think on Thursday at your house right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I just love reading about all that. Makes me want to move -- to a bigger house, not out of LH. I can't wait to see your new house! And you are awesome for making it to Jazzercise every day ;-) Better catch up on your shows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm tired after reading this! Whew! I know the offer being accepted too a while, but you are moving right along now! Can't wait for you guys to be around the corner! Now go watch some TV and REST!

    ReplyDelete