Monday, April 12, 2010

On the eve of the closing

Tomorrow we will go to the closing for the new house we are buying in Lake Highlands. It sure has been a long road getting to this point. A "short sale" is anything but easy. I can see now why most of them don't go through. It has taken 4 months of processing paperwork, sending emails, negotiating, inspecting, appraising, etc. to finally purchase this home from the bank it is owned by. Luckily my dad's morgage/real estate expertise steered us clear of any "short sale" pitfalls and we are ready to close tomorrow.
It is a little bittersweet. I am so extrememly excited about all the new house has to offer. Space, most importantly. Closet space, countertop space, garage space and tons of storage space, oh my! I can hardly wait to see the transformation that is about to take place.
On the other hand we have alot of memories in this house. It's the first home Troy and I lived in together. Troy proposed in the backyard. I brought home both my babies from the hospital to this house. I still love this house...it's just time to move on and make new memories. Because that's all they are, memories. It does make me a little sad that Rett and Ellie will never remember living here. Rett will never remember swinging in the swing in the front yard or riding his tractor all over the backyard. We will make new memories and make the new house feel like home soon. :)

So, tomorrow the landscapers show up and begin the transformation. Here are a few pictures of what the before looks like. Tonight is the last night this yard will ever look like this.


3 comments:

  1. Good luck tomorrow! It is tough to make the move and packing up will be sad...but so much good is ahead for you guys, too. We'll be thinking about you guys tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for y'all JA!! I know your move will be bittersweet for sure, wish I could hug you in person today!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your memories of this first house will be there forever!
    We all love Hermosa! You'll love this new house too!

    ReplyDelete