Monday, June 7, 2010

Swim Lessons

Today Rett started swim lessons at the YMCA. His class will meet daily M-Th. for 30 mins each day for 2 weeks. This is probably surprising to anyone that knows Rett...but he is fairly apprehensive of water so I was a little nervous about how he would react to swim "lessons". He did great great today. He's in a small class (3 students, 2 instructors). After the teacher (Miss Caroline, a cute, energetic high school student) introduced herself he took her hand and followed her to the other end of the pool. I had Ellie in the stroller and was sitting on the side watching. Today most of their lesson involved kicking in the water, holding onto something (or someone) and being pulled from one end of the pool to the other. On the way home in the car he said: "I like swimming mama! Can I go swimming again?"

5 comments:

  1. I think I'm waiting to do swim lessons until Parker is Rett's age. I don't want to have to work if I'm paying someone else to teach my kid how to swim!! Cute pics:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He'll be training for the olympics within the two weeks of class! Such a little athlete! So glad he's liking it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A healthy respect for the water is a good thing! I'm so glad he likes the lessons! It will make the 'Marmie" lessons even better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun! I wish Joe didn't think he can teach everything in the world. I really want Kate in swim lessons!

    ReplyDelete