Tuesday, September 28, 2010

High School-ten years later

This weekend I visited with classmates from Bryan Adams High School 10 years after we graduated. There was a good turnout. We had about 100 people show (our graduating class was about 300). Many people looked them same. Many of the people whom I went to high school with have stayed in Dallas so I see them periodically and have kept up with their lives via facebook. So there was no real "surprises". Once Troy and I arrived we mingled a little but then, just like high school, everyone retreated to their old circles of friends. At one point I looked across the bar and could see all the same "clicks" from 10 years earlier. I was trying to be a good sport...but I felt like crap. On Thursday, my birthday, I began to get a sore itchy throat. By Friday I was full-blown sick. I went to PrimaCare and got on a z-pack right away. However, it was too late. I was already very hoarse and sounded squaky when I talked. I tried so hard to save my voice for Saturday night but most of the people I was talking to couldn't hear me over the karaoke in the background and as the night wore on I grew tired of trying to scream. We left around 1pm and as I climbed into the cab I was glad I went and got to see a lot of the people I went to high school with...but I couldn't wait to get to sleep. :)
I didn't take my camera...but here's a pic we took when we dropped the kids off at my parents:

2 comments: