Sunday, September 19, 2010

Preschool

Rett started preschool on Wednesday, September 8th. It was pouring down rain outside and we were literally soaking wet by the time we got to his classroom. This year he is attending two days a week (Monday/Wednesday (9-2:30) as opposed to last year when he went only one day a week to Mother's Day Out. I really, really, really like his teacher, Ms. Wilson. She means business and I love that. She has a kind,warm smile and presence about her....but she's not gonna let anyone get away with any funny business. Rett seems to be doing well...he was a little nervous on his first day...but who wouldn't be? She sends a weekly update via email of what the students will be learning in her class that week. I like it because I can then implement what they are doing in class at home. For example, last week they talked about apples. Everything was apples. Their shape, color, size, texture, uses, etc. So at home we talked about apples too. I asked Rett what color an apple is and he said: "green and red". I asked him what shape an apple was and he said: "a circle". I asked Rett what we do with apples and he said: "we eat them, and proceeded pretend to eat an apple with exaggerated bites.". He even told me an apple was a fruit...which I didn't ask him about. Here's a few pics from his first day:

1 comment: