Friday, January 14, 2011

Ellie's 18 months

My sweet little baby girl is one and a half! Time is going by so swiftly it's hard to register. I absolutely adore Ellie. She has really come into her own personality over the last 6 months. She is curious beyond belief and gets into EVERYTHING! If the house gets quiet for more than a minute I know somethings up. She a major lover of books. I'll bet she spends more time being read to than she does eating. Her favorite book right now is one titled "animal sounds" where each page prompts me to act out the sound that particular animal makes. We have gotten to the point now where she opens to a random page, points to the animal and waits for me to make the sound and then laughs and laughs and laughs.
Ellie loves drawing and playing with chalk outside. It doesn't matter how cold it is, it is never too cold for drawing with chalk. She understands many, many words. We have to spell BATH or she immediately wants to go take one regardless of the time of day. She also really likes simple chores (for now!). I can ask her to go put something in the trash or put the dirty clothes in her laundry hamper and she eagerly does it! She loves to sing E-I-E-I-Oh! and dance and jump (she can actually get both feet up off the floor at the same time).
She's talking more and more, she says:
Mama
Dada
Papa
Bye Bye
Bath
Trash (Drsh)
Juice
Banana (Nana)
That (Dat)
No
Ouch!
Uh oh
I Dunno
Here ya go


Her 18 month stats:
Height: 31.5 inches (45%)
Weight: 23lbs. 10oz (50%)
Head Cir: 48 cm (80%)



3 comments:

  1. She is a cute, intelligent darling sweet little girl! I like the photos of her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks so much like her mommy!!! What a cutie pie:)

    ReplyDelete