Monday, January 17, 2011

Working on Resolution #2

This weekend Troy and I worked on gutting the rest of our shower in our master bath. When we bought the house in April we knew that it had a leaky shower pan and could not be used. So, we have never even taken a shower in our bathroom. But, not for long. Troy and I figured we could save ourselves some $$$ and do the demo ourselves and then pay a professional to come in and put in a new shower pan and re-tile, etc. Okay, seriously, this was HARD work. I don't know who put in that tile...but they should win an award because it was not going anywhere. We used sledgehammers, crow bars, and a chisel powered by an air compressor and that was barely enough to get it done. We also unearthed a giant ants nest when we removed the tile around the threshold of the shower. I think they were harmless little ants (not carpenter ants)...but there were alot of them. Troy sprayed them with poison while I waited in the kitchen...I think they are gone now.
We plan to raise the ceiling and put in a new light fixture, we also plan to raise the shower head and get new shower fixtures in addition to all the other regular shower work that needs to be done. :)
These pictures show when the work was almost done...don't know why I didn't pick up my camera until 3/4 of the way complete.



ANTS!!!

2 comments:

  1. HOLY COW!! What a project! Crazy ants! Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a hellova lot of work! You two are Brave!

    ReplyDelete