Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow Day...Sorta

Yesterday it snowed about 1 inch at our house. Rett was so excited to go outside and play in it. He kept asking if we could have a snowball fight and make a snowman. I knew there was not nearly enough snow to do either...but rather than break his little heart...I said sure. After Ellie went down for her nap I bundled him up in an actual ski-suit that a friend had given me. Slide his feet into actual snow boots(glad I bought those at that garage sale in August!)...and then went to put on his gloves, wait, where were his gloves? Needless to say, we couldn't find them. He has one pair that he's almost outgrown...but we couldn't find them ANYWHERE. We ended up using socks to cover his hands...but he wasn't happy. Once outside Rett tried to make the best of it...but he got frustrated quickly when his technique for making snowballs wasn't working. We went on a short walk and jumped in some puddles. Then, while investigating a big puddle, Rett found two earthworms. He insisted we save them from the snow and take them inside to warm up. I obliged. We headed for the house and got squirmly and buddy (that's what he named them) situated in a pie pan of water. Rett had a great time playing with them and forgot about the snow completely. Whew!



A close-up of either squirmly or buddy...I can't tell them apart.

2 comments:

  1. You are such a good mom!! I don't know that I would have done either. I always make Chad go out in the snow for any longer than 15 minutes, and I don't know about worms in my house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww. That is too cute about the worms. When we were in Telluride, Jack too was disappointed we couldn't make snow balls. They had tons of gorgeous snow, but it was too powdery and dry to stick together at all.

    ReplyDelete