Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The BIRTH-day of Bennett Troy Bever

Friday, July 8th, 2011 Troy and I headed to Presby Plano to welcome our third child into the world. Once we got to the hospital and I was all hooked up to the moitors the nurse asked if I had been having contractions...to which I replied "no, of course not!". Then she looked at the monitor and said: "well, you are having one right now". I couldn't feel a thing! While we waited in Triage for the next hour my contractions got stronger and I was able to feel them and tell Troy when I was having them....pretty exciting since I never went into labor with my first two.
At 9:35am Bennett was born. The doctors and nurses kept commenting on how big he was and how much hair he had! He looked so small to me that I was sure he couldn't weigh more than 7 pounds (but I am used to looking at a 2 and 4 year old all day). *At my last OB visit my doc said she thought this would be my smallest baby...maybe around 8 pounds. When they put him on the scale he weighed 8lbs 12.6 ounces and measured 19 inches. He was just perfect!!!
I stayed for 3 nights in the hospital with Ben and my mom (Troy visited during the days and then stayed with the kids at night at his parents house). The recovery was much faster/easier than with Rett or Ellie and I tribute this to my moms overnight stays where she stayed up most of the night and let me sleep. She says she averaged around 6 hours of sleep over the entire weekend. I also credit a speedy recovery to getting up and walking around. I requested my epidural out as soon as possible and was up and walking around the next morning. Although not the most comfortable walk, it really helped to move and get things going again. I haven't even needed to take any pain medication since I've been home.
Here's the weekend in pictures. (Special thanks to Lauren for taking all the pictures right after the birth!)

Day 1

7:00 am


Roughly 2.5 hours later at 9:35am





Meeting their new little brother for the first time



The biggest brother, Rett




The new big sister, Ellie


Troy and his sister, Jamie


Cousins!



Day 2
Patient Rett drinking apple juice





Day 3



Ben's "friends" that kept him company in his crib


He gets really relaxed laying on me




Mini-Photo Shoot while waiting for daddy to pick us up:



3 comments:

  1. I get teary-eyed looking at these pictures!! I am so happy for your family!!!! He is perfect and beautiful and I can't wait to snuggle him!!! And I am so glad you aren't hurting. Love y'all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, he's just perfect! I can't wait to meet him and give you a hug. Glad you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is just precious! I can't wait to meet him and I'm so glad recover has been easy for you! I also love the pics of Rett and Ellie holding him! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete