Saturday, April 17, 2010

Another Surprise!

Today I worked at the new house from 8am-6pm. Troy became really sick last night and stayed in bed at home all day long. The kids went to my in-laws because the house was full of painters AND wet paint. We(my parents and I) did a little bit of this and a little bit of that. We started out trimming some hedges and meeting alot of neighbors. Since I was working outside many people made their way over to introduce themselves and get the scoop. One neighbor even asked if we were "house flippers" because that was the rumor that was going around. Everyone seemed really nice and told me how great the neighborhood was. :) I worked my way around the back and cleaned up some crepe myrtles that had ivy growing throughout them. Later we removed the carpet in the middle bedroom (Rett's room) and uncovered more lineleoum like the one in the corner bedroom (Ellie's room). The only difference was that this flooring had blues and greens that looked like a boys bedroom. I was just tickled by this because it made me feel like I had picked rooms for the kids that they were meant to be in. Rett in the original "boys" room and Ellie in the original "girls" room. We are going to carpet over this flooring...but don't worry....I removed pieces from both rooms today so that I can display them somewhere later. The painters are getting things done fast! They have 90% of the work complete. My favorite transformation thus far are the cabinets we had painted a dark brown color called "French Roast". You really have to see it in person...it looks very rich and lustrous.
Below are a few pictures:

Rett's matching flooring:


Troy's new red office:


Freshly painted cabinets:


3 comments:

  1. How funny with the floors! I can't wait to see it all in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This house is getting an amazing make-over, with much sweat-equity! Can't wait to see the next series of changes as you add light fixtures and hardware! What a difference already!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The floor! Wow, can you imagine having to decorate around that stuff?

    ReplyDelete